Friday, February 12, 2010

Made the first leg of the 3

My flight to JFK from Seatac was pretty uneventful. In fact, we landed over half an hour ahead of schedule. Too bad, I could have used the snoozing time. I didn't sleep well. When I get overly tired my leg muscles cramp and the worst thing for that is an airline seat in coach. At first I had an empty seat next to me & I was looking forward to maybe even stretching out a bit, but for some reason they moved a man into that seat during the flight, so back to cramped quarters. So, I had 7 or so hours to kill in the terminal. First thing I had to do was find the shops (well it's the only place to sit, eat etc). I noticed at the gate in Seattle that my backpack roller had a 3 inch rip. For a 6-week tour, that is not acceptable, so this is why I had to shop. I had to find a suitable (read, big enough - but not too big) replacement. Of course there are the high end stores that think it is perfectly reasonable to charge $150-$300 for a BACKPACK. Give me a break. I finally found one for $50. The clerk even let me make sure all my stuff would transfer into the new bag before buying it! My feet got very tired with walking around. There was no way I was going to lay down on the floor to sleep though. FINALLY, Air India opened their ticketing desks (I was first in line but had to ask where the Executive check in was as it was not obvious where I was standing in the queue waiting to get into the queue. That was weird that we were in a side line before accessing the real line. Anyhoo I got my boarding pass.
Oh, there were supposed to be 6 of us traveling together from JFK: 4 from Dallas, 1 from Tampa and me. Because it snowed 11.5 inches in Dallas, that flight got canceled! So just 2 of us will be departing today. When I got my boarding pass I requested seats for us next to one another. I expect to be sleeping the first 8 hours, disregarding the clock - whatever time it is wherever it is. The Dallas folks are hoping for a flight out tomorrow. Good thing Monday is a holiday and we were just going to check things out at the office in readiness for Tuesday. That's it for now...

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm following you now mom! I'm so glad you'll be in business class. Hope your trip is awesome! Have fun crossing the ocean.
    xoxo,
    Court

    ReplyDelete